Frog fabric bookmark, artwork by Ernst Haeckel; designed and made in Totnes, Devon by Curiosity Wave. Beautiful print of 1904 scientific illustration of a selection of frogs (Batrachia) by Ernst Haeckel on heavy weight (255gsm) cotton drill fabric.
Give your book the bookmark it deserves.
More about the frog fabric bookmark
The frog fabric bookmark is approximately 14cm x 5cm (5.5″ x 2″); there may be small variations as each bookmark is individually made. The design wraps around onto both sides, and is sewn double-layered.
Postage and packaging in the UK is free!
Bookmarks are shipped via Royal Mail 1st Class Letter service.
If you are outside the UK and wish to buy one of my products, please get in touch via the contact page.
More about the image
The beautiful illustrations on the frog fabric bookmark is by the German zoologist Ernst Haeckel, and is taken from his 1904 book, Kunstformen der Natur. He is best known for his illustrations of aquatic life, although in this book, he covered all sorts of life forms including spiders, plants and birds.
This illustration shows different views of various types of frogs (Batrachia). It includes:
- Notodelphys ovifera, now known as Gastrotheca ovifera
- Hyla meridionalis, now known as Hyla meridionalis
- Hyla tuberculosa, now known as Ecnomiohyla tuberculosa
- Amphignathodon Güntheri, now known as Gastrotheca guentheri
- Rhacophorus pardalis, now known as Rhacophorus pardalis
- Hylodes lineatus, now known as Leptodactylus lineatus
- Limnodytes erythraeus, now known as Hylarana erythraea
- Ceratobatrachus Güntheri, now known as Ceratobatrachus guentheri
- Breviceps mossambicus, now known as Breviceps mossambicus
- Lithobates pipiens, now known as Rana pipiens