Sea squirt fabric bookmark, artwork by Ernst Haeckel; designed and made in Totnes, Devon by Curiosity Wave. Beautiful print of 1904 scientific illustration of a selection of sea squirts (Ascidiae, now known as Ascidiacea) by Ernst Haeckel on heavy weight (255gsm) cotton drill fabric.
Give your book the bookmark it deserves.
More about the sea squirt fabric bookmark
The sea squirt fabric bookmark is approximately 14cm x 5cm (5.5″ x 2″); there may be small variations as each bookmark is individually made. The design wraps around onto both sides, and is sewn double-layered.
Postage and packaging in the UK is free!
Bookmarks are shipped via Royal Mail 1st Class Letter service.
If you are outside the UK and wish to buy one of my products, please get in touch via the contact page.
More about the image
The beautiful illustrations on the sea squirt fabric bookmark is by the German zoologist Ernst Haeckel, and is taken from his 1904 book, Kunstformen der Natur. He is best known for his illustrations of aquatic life, although in this book, he covered all sorts of life forms including spiders, plants and birds.
This illustration shows different views of various types of sea squirt (Ascidiae, now known as Ascidiacea). It includes:
- Cynthia melocactus, now known as Boltenia echinata
- Molgula tubulosa, now known as Eugyra arenosa
- Fragarium elegans, now known as Aplidium elegans
- Polyclinum constellatum
- Synoecum turgens
- Botryllus polycyclus, now known as Botryllus schlosseri
- Botryllus rubigo, now known as Botryllus schlosseri
- Botryllus Marionis, now known as Botryllus schlosseri
- Botryllus helleborus, now known as Botryllus schlosseri
- Polycyclus cyaneus, now known as Botryllus schlosseri
- Botrylloides purpureus, now known as Botrylloides leachii